Job Title: Care assistant / Home Care Assistant / Health Care Support worker
Job Reference no 6141:
Midland Care (UK) Ltd is an Outstanding Domiciliary care organisation providing non-medical care to clients in their own home in Birmingham and Solihull. We are currently recruiting Care Assistant/Home Care assistant (male/female) to assist house bound and sick and venerable people in the wider community. We are looking for friendly, cheerful and dependable individuals who wish to make a difference by supporting people with home care and companionship needs. Applicant Must be willing and able to travel to clients’ homes. `Driving licence and own transport will be preferred. Our clients are from all different ethnic minority groups, ability to communicate in Arabic, Bengali, Gugrati, Persian, Pushto, Punjabi and Urdu will be preferred. Experience is preferred but not essential as full training will be provided.
Tasks required by this job include:
- Perform basic clinical tasks such as taking patients temperature and pulse, weighing and measuring, obtaining urine sample for testing.
- Prepare service user for examination and treatment and attending their appointment.
- Distribute and serve food, assists patients in feeding and prepares snacks and hot drinks.
- Assist patients in bathing, washing, dressing, toiletry activities and general mobility.
- Change bed linen, makes beds and tidies whole house.
- Able to work in different shifts and public holidays.
- Able to communicate and keep record of daily activities.
- Able to administer medication and keep record.
Entry requirements for this job:
- There are no formal academic entry requirements. Care certificate and any relevant training will be preferred Off- and on-the-job training is provided. NVQs/ SVQs in Care are available at Levels 2 and 3.